Be rewarded for your ideas and creativity and set a new trend in stationery, photography, floral design and more at the 2015 Excellence Award Ceremony! You will finally be able to showcase your marvelous work in front of your peers in the wedding industry. Your entry will be judged by a panel of experts who will look for something fresh and creative, and the winner for each category will be announced at the March 2015 dinner reception.
Our Category Sponsors
Best New Trend
Best Event Design
Best Wedding Detail Or Memory
Venue Of The Year
Vendor Of The Year
Consultant Of The Year
ABC Excellence Leader
Meet the Judges
Kathy Wright, Kathy Wright & Co.
Kathy Wright is the gold standard in floral and event design in Southern California. She has worked for over 30 years with her clients, delivering unique, classy, and creative events that inspire imagination and elicit emotion. Attention to detail, surpassed by no other, along with her “outside of the box” thinking are hallmarks of the Kathy Wright experience.
Jennifer Dery, Jennifer Dery Photography
Jennifer is a published an award-winning photographer with more than 10 years of experience in weddings. Her photography style can be described as emotional and journalistic with an eye for humor and detail.
Jessica Gillon, Events By Design
Jessica is a true artist and professional: after being an international competitive ice skater for 19 years and developing a passion for many forms of art such as figure skating, dance, drama, music and design, she retired from the world of figure skating to focus on a career in event planning in which she had 10 years prior experience. Jessica has been featured in many forms of media such as Ceremony Magazine, San Diego Style Weddings, Grace Ormande, Exquisite Magazine, San Diego Magazine and KNSD 7/39 Morning Show and Fox 6 in the morning. Jessica has also been a guest on San Diego’s Premier Morning radio show, Dave, Shelly and Chainsaw and has most recently been featured as the Celebrity Wedding Planner on E! Network’s Bridalplasty.
- Only ABC members in good standing are eligible for submissions.
- Submissions will be accepted for weddings that took place between January 1 – December 31, 2014. Please submit only stories and/or pictures from actual weddings (ceremony or receptions).
- Each participant can submit multiple entries but only one per category. If an element or event is eligible for different categories (such as an invitation for Best Announcement and Best Design), then participants can submit it for multiple categories.
- Submissions must include: 1) Appropriate entry form; 2) Pictures describing the element/wedding either on hard copy form or on a CD (up to 8, taken by a professional photographer) OR videos on DVD. Photographer and/or videographer contact information must be included for credit at the Award Ceremony.
- Make sure your name or company name does not appear in the materials that you submit (essay, pictures, videos, etc.). Only the entry form will include your contact information.
- Return your form(s) by Tuesday, February 24, 2015.
- Judges are selected based on their experience in the wedding industry and their expertise (photography, catering, stationery, videography, entertainment, planning and coordination) and they are not ABC members. The entries will be judged blindly without contact or company information. One winner will be chosen in each category.
- Winners will be announced at the March 17, 2015 dinner reception. All entrants should attend or send a representative to receive the award.
- By submitting the entry form for consideration to the San Diego ABC Excellence Awards, entrants authorize San Diego ABC to publish any portion of the entry, including but not limited to, submitted images and materials. In addition, all entries become property of San Diego ABC and will not be returned. Photo credit will be given, if such information is submitted.