To Register for the October Monthly Meeting:Register to Attend by Clicking Here!
Continue to the entry form below to enter in the People’s Choice Table Top Design Competition 2014
Tuesday, October 21st, 2014 at The Dana on Mission Bay
Come join us in the fun as we kick off the fall with a good dose of competition! Now is the time to look back at what you’ve done, and what you see for the future in table top design! Enter to compete, and bring your “A” game with the best design you can create. You will be judged by your peers, so come ready to knock ‘em dead!
Prizes awarded for each of three categories:
- Most Creative use of a Theme
- Most Original/Innovative (Think Outside the Box)
- Best Overall Design (The Best in Show)
Get a discount!Your table top entry includes $10 off the registration of the meeting. You will receive the discount code once you register below.
You MUST sign up to enter by Tuesday, October 14th, 2014 to compete for your chance to win table top design glory! Rules and entry form are below.
RULES and PROCEDURES:
- Each team must have at least 2 people and no more than 4, and at least one teammate needs to be an ABC member.
- A 66” table will be provided for your set up. However, if you want a different size, you must provide your own, and inform us of the size you will bring and use instead by Monday, October 6th. (Only 2 sweetheart tables will be allowed in the competition.)
- All items such as specialty chairs, linens, florals, china, etc. must be provided by you and your team. NO confetti, glitter, or rice is allowed.
- You must have at least 6 chairs at your table. Approval must be given for less than 6 chairs used in your display. The exception would be a sweetheart table – see rule 2 above (After voting concludes, attendees will sit at the table when winners are announced, but NOT eating at the table…no worries :).
- If you want ballroom chairs from the venue, you must make the request to us 2 weeks prior to the competition (Monday, October 6th).
- You will have 2 hours to set up your table top design. You may arrive as early as 3:30pm to begin set-up, and you must finish by 5:30pm. The competition begins at 5:30pm on Tuesday October 21st.
- All tables will be anonymously identified with a table number only.
- No hinting or recruiting to get more votes for your table, and no revealing which table is yours at any time before judging/voting has concluded. Contestants will not be allowed to enter the room where judging is taking place until after judging/voting has concluded.
- At least one team member must be present for your team to win. All members who attend the event must pre-register. For participation, all team members may register at a discounted rate. Details will be given after your Entry Form to compete has been received.
- Must remove all items by 9:30pm after the conclusion of the event.