Thanks to the gorgeous weather that San Diego is known for, many brides envision an outdoor wedding that their guests will boast about for years! But having an outdoor ceremony and/or reception takes a lot of planning and preparation. Here are some tips to help you along the way…
* Always have a plan B in case the weather isn’t so gorgeous on the big day – i.e. a tent or alternative indoor location close by in case of rain.
* A tent may also be necessary for a hot day and heaters for a colder time of year.
* Make sure you have the required use permits and read over the venue policies twice.
* Be sure to check for convenient parking and restrooms for guests as well as a prep and equipment drop off area for your caterer if needed.
* Be aware of lighting to see if you will need to provide extra as the sun sets.
* Be sure to ask your caterer for trash cans and trash removal as not all outdoor sites will provide these services for you.
* Don’t forget to check on the liquor permits required if you plan on serving alcoholic beverages during your event – this can save you a lot of stress and money if done ahead of time.
These are just a few of the many logistics to think about when planning and outdoor event. Research and use all of your resources as you begin the planning stages for your dream outdoor wedding!